The complex is articulated along the ancient path of Via Aurelia. The main body of the residence was built for the Doria family in the second half of 1400. Two lateral corpses were added to the central core at the end of the 18th century to obtain a sloping body along the road front. The environmental importance of the complex comes from the beautiful park rich in precious essences, which is accessed through a scenic esedra from which three beautiful boulevards are parted.
Villa Balbi già Brignole
The complex is located at the northwestern end of the village of Sestri Levante. The particular location distinguishes it from the agricultural residential settlements and makes it a real residential villa. The main building dates back to the seventeenth century, later two lateral corpses were added and the facade shapes closed. The park is a true botanical garden and contains precious and rare essences. The Villa for its magnificence hosted in 1714 Elisabetta Farnese who was married to Philip V of Spain.
It is located along the current Aurelia road near the Bracco rise. The present structure dates back to the eighteenth century, the result of the accumulation of several buildings of the epoch. Of particular interest is the small chapel founded in 1270 by Cardinal Ottobono Fieschi of Counts of Lavagna, brother of Innocent IV, in honor of St. Adrien. The Cardinal, acquired the pontifical garment, provided the Chapel of Amphitheater. The Chapel is nowadays a large restoration as well as the garden neighboring with a beautiful eighteenth-century marble bath.
The eighteenth-century villa owned by the Sertorio family is located near the village of the ancient village of Sestri Levante, between the Via Nazionale and the course of the current torrent Gromolo. The villa, originally placed on the edge of the large farm, now only survives a small portion of the original, still linked to the beautiful Italian garden. A harmonious set of secular hollyhocks, cypresses, horticultural plants, amongst the set of green horns and laurels.
Built in 1925 by an original inspiration of a bold and eclectic revival of the ancient fortresses dating back to the 12th century. The materials used for construction are the most disparate and heterogeneous: of different origins of styles and epochs, to form a unique and evocative architectural set. Of great interest, the park, which develops on a large area of the island, in this vast portion of territory along a cliff-rides, we find Mediterranean essences of major botanical interest.
The complex is reachable via the road to Santa Vittoria. The villa is articulated in a territorial system located on various urban poles connected to each other. The villa with the annexed park and the farm also includes the Church of S. Margherita di Fossa Lupara with canonical annex, oratory and churchyard. These territorial poles are connected to each other by a complex road pedestrian infrastructure network. The territory of the whole system is affected by rural settlements represented by small colonial houses and buildings dating back to the last postwar period. The body of the villa is cubic and placed in an extremely favorable position on the extreme propagation of the ridge of Fossa Lupara.
The villa was built at the wish of the Doge Caesar Durazzo and hosted in February 1784 Emperor Joseph II. The complex of the villa is characterized by the large extension of the park and the farm. Suggestive tree-lined prospects, hazelnuts, large masses of holm oaks, populate a lush scenery that climbs across the hill. The Esedra still houses the settlers' residence, the mill and the chapel today.